Here is a recipe I got from a fellow Scouter. If your Scouts need a chocolate marshmallow fix, but you don’t have a fire for some reason, you can fix these on a camp stove with a griddle. Plus it is just fun for them to try something different.
This is a very easy recipe and requires almost no cooking skill. Just don’t burn them.
I am told the name is a combination of “S’mores” and “Tacos”.
- fire with grate or camp stove
- knife for spreading margarine
- 6 inch flour tortillas
- tub margarine
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- Prepare the fire if necessary.
- Heat the griddle.
- Spread a very thin layer of margarine on a tortilla.
- Turn it over and sprinkle a few marshmallows and chocolate chips on the other side.
- Fold it in half and grill until light brown and crispy.
- Let cool.