Cub Scouts enjoy making their own snacks. If the snack happens to look like something else, it is almost like having a recipe and a craft all in one.
This recipe does not require any cooking, so it can be made at a meeting even if you don’t have access to a kitchen.
This recipe calls for peanut butter or cream cheese. Any type of spreadable cheese would work also. If you have any worries about peanut allergies, then don’t even make the peanut butter an option.
Equipment and Utensils
- One plate for each person
- One knife for each person
- Round crackers (2 for each person)
- Low-fat cream cheese or peanut butter
- Raisins (2 for each person)
- Mini pretzel sticks (8 for each person)
- Spread the cream cheese or peanut butter on one of the crackers.
- Put eight pretzel sticks on the cracker arranged like the legs of a spider.
- Spread a little cream cheese or peanut butter on the second cracker.
- Put the cracker on top of the pretzels on the other cracker so the pretzels and all of the cream cheese/peanut butter are in the middle of the two crackers.
- Use the cream cheese or peanut butter like glue to attach the two raisins to the top cracker so they look like spider eyes.