I’m still planning for my Native American themed den meeting on April 13. I think I’ve finally come up with a Native American wide-area game which does not require too much equipment and will work with a group of 9 year old scouts.
6. The game is over when all 12 sticks have been placed in the rows. The team with the most sticks wins. If there is a tie, there is a one point tie-breaker.
For more information, see the Lenape website.
This game will work well with
- Bear Achievement 15: Games, Games, Games – Requirement b – Play two organized games with your den.
- Bear Elective 24b: Learn, make equipment for, and play two American Indian or other native American games with members of your den. Be able to tell the rules, who won, and what the score was.
- Wolf Elective 4f: Play a wide area or large group game with your den or pack.
- Wolf Elective 10: American Indian Lore (doesn’t specifically fulfill any of the requirements, but could be used as enrichment for a meeting focused on this elective)
- Tiger Elective 35: Play a game outdoors with your family or den.
- Indian Lore merit badge requirement 3a: Learn three games played by a group or tribe. Teach and lead one game with a Scout group.