Shoot The Gap Game
- Divide the players into two groups.
- Explain the boundaries of play.
- Choose one person to be “The Guardian”. This person guards “The Gap” which is the area between the goal lines.
- The groups line up behind their goal lines.
- The Guardian shouts the name of a person on one of the teams. (Be specific – there might be more than one Jim.)
- Then the person whose name was shouted, shouts the name of someone on the opposite team.
- As soon as the second name is called, both players whose names were called run into the Gap.
- They try to get to the opposite goal, without being tagged by the Guardian. When they get there, they become a member of that group.
- If the Guardian tags someone, then the person who was tagged becomes the new Guardian. The previous Guardian joins the group the tagged person was running toward.
- Continue playing, making sure everyone gets a chance to participate.