This month I am featuring a chess theme. Do you think regular chess is boring? Then try atomic chess. In atomic chess, pieces don’t just capture other pieces, they explode! Both pieces involved in the capture are destroyed along with any in the surrounding area. Sound like fun?
- The chessboard is setup as normal and all of the pieces move as they do in a regular chess game.
- When one piece captures another, both the capturing piece and the captured piece are destroyed in the explosion and are removed from the board.
- In addition, when a capture takes place, all pieces in the eight squares surrounding the location of the capture are removed by the explosion except pawns.
- The game ends when one of the kings is captured or exploded.
- If both kings are exploded in the same move, the game ends in a draw.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?