Banana boats are a classic camp favorite. They are easy to make and don’t require many ingredients. Enjoy some while spending an evening around a campfire.
These are ooey gooey and filled with chocolate and marshmallows. Even your youngest campers can have fun putting them together.
You can use chocolate chips or candy bars chopped into pieces. For a different twist, try using a Snickers bar. Suggest your own additions in the comments below.
How to Make Banana Boats
- Materials for a charcoal or wood fire
- Cutting board
- Aluminum foil
Ingredients for Banana Boat Recipe
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare your fire so you have a nice bed of coals.
- Peel back one section of the banana skin, but leave it connected.
- Cut out a small V-shaped trench along the length of the banana.
- Put about 6 mini marshmallows and 10 chocolate chips in the trench.
- Put the banana peel back over the top.
- Wrap the banana in foil.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients so you end up with four foil wrapped bananas.
- Place the bananas on the hot coals for about 5 minutes, trying to keep the part up the banana with the trench on top.
- Let cool slightly and eat.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?