Earth Treats Recipe
In honor of Earth Day, here is an Earth themed snack. Basically Earth Treats are rice krispie treats shaped like the earth.
You can make small “earths” or larger ones, but it seems to set better if you don’t make them too big.
Earth Treats Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 large saucepans
- 2 spoons for stirring
- waxed paper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 40 regular marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- green and blue food coloring
- Wash your hands.
- Melt half of the margarine and marshmallows in one large saucepan and the other half in a second saucepan.
- Add green food coloring to the first saucepan. Stir in the cereal.
- Add blue food coloring to the second saucepan. Stir in the cereal
- Using some of each color, form “Earths” out of the cereal and place on waxed paper.
- Let set for about an hour (if you can resist).
- Enjoy eating the Earth!
Cub Scouts love to cook. There are several Cub Scout adventures related to cooking. And even if you aren’t working on an adventure, helping to prepare a healthy and fun snack or meal promotes independence. And it might also encourage a Cub Scout to try something new.
See the history of Rice Krispies cereal, starting in 1927. W.K. Kellogg pours milk over a brand-new, toasted rice cereal from the Kellogg test kitchen, and gives it a try. “You’ve got something there!” he exclaims.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?