With the end of school just around the corner, Tigers might enjoy making friendship bracelets to give to each other. The bracelets are very easy and inexpensive to make, so each Tiger can make several.
This is also a good opportunity to talk about being friendly and making sure people aren’t left out. Ask them how they would feel if they were the only person in the group not to get a friendship bracelet with from somebody else.
Tiger Friendship Bracelet
If you can’t picture how it goes together, print the instructions from the link above. The printable copy has a few pictures to help.
- Orange and black pony beads
- Stiff twine (polypropylene works well)
- Cut a piece of twine about five inches longer than the amount needed to go around the Tiger Cub’s wrist.
- Tie a knot in one end of the twine.
- Thread one black and one orange pony bead onto the twine.
- Circle the other end of the twine around and back through the black and the orange pony bead.
- Tie a knot in the other end of the twine so the beads can’t come off.
- Adjust the size of the bracelet by pulling on the ends and making the pony beads closer together or farther apart.