If you are looking for a little outdoor service project for Cub Scouts, try doing a Cleanup Treasure Hunt for your chartered organization, local park, a small business, or the like.
If your group doesn’t handle competition well, then don’t have them compete against each other to find out who can find the most different things. You have to know your Cub Scouts. At this age, some dens thrive on competition and for others it just causes problems.
Cleanup Treasure Hunt
- Plastic gloves for each participant
- Two trash bags
- Two “treasure” lists (see the next page)
- Two pencils
- Divide the group into two (or more) teams.
- Give each team plastic gloves for each member, one trash bag, one copy of the treasure list, and one pencil
- They should walk around looking for the trash on the list. When they find a piece of trash, they should put it on the list and check it off.
- If they find something which is not listed, they can write it on the paper
- Set a time limit. When the time is up, the team with the most different types of trash wins.
- Separate out the recyclable things from the trash and dispose of everything properly.
Leave a Reply