St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. Here is a fun recipe to make with your Cub Scouts to celebrate.
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix the shortening, butter, sugar, egg, and flavoring thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour and salt and then the coloring.
- To shape the shamrocks, roll 3 small balls (¼ tsp each) of dough.
- Place the three balls together on a cookie sheet.
- Shape a small stem and place it next to the balls.
- Flatten the balls with your fingers. It should look like a shamrock.
- Continue making shamrocks in this manner.
- Bake about 9 minutes
- Shape the balls one cookie at a time. Otherwise they might dry out and crack when they are flattened.
- Cookies may also be decorated with green sugar or frosting
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?