Most Scouts enjoy a relay and can understand a relay game with a minimal amount of instruction. This game is appropriate for all ages from Cub Scouts to Scouts BSA to Venturers.
In this relay, the Scouts are “doing the laundry”. They hang out towels on a clothesline and then bring them back in.
This game lends itself to a summer camp setting since you are probably setting up a clothesline or two at camp. And hopefully each Scout will bring a towel to dry off after their showers. 🙂 Just don’t forget the clothespins.
This game is appropriate for any age group. I
- Clothesline (or just string a rope between two trees)
- towels (one per scout)
Set up the clothesline if necessary
- Divide the Scouts into two teams.
- The first boy on each team runs to the clothesline and pins up his towel with a clothespin
- He comes back and tags the next teammate, who runs and hangs up his towel.
- Continue in this manner until all of the towels have been hung.
- Then the team members must continue the relay, removing one towel at a time.
- The first team to finish “doing the laundry” wins.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?