Eagle palms represent additional recognition for an Eagle Scout who has stayed active in his or her unit. In order to receive this recognition, he or she must also continue to earn merit badges.
Requirements for Eagle Palms
After successfully completing your Eagle Scout board of review on or after August 1, 2017 and being validated as an Eagle Scout by the National Service Center, you will be entitled to receive an Eagle Palm for each additional five merit badges you have completed before your Eagle Scout board of review beyond those required for Eagle. In addition, all current Scouts who completed their Eagle board of review and who had not passed their 18th birthday before August 1, 2017 are entitled as well. For these Palms only, it will not be necessary for you to complete the requirements stated below. You may wear only the proper combination of Palms for the number of merit badges you earned beyond the rank of Eagle.The Bronze Palm represents five merit badges,the Gold Palm 10,and the Silver Palm 15. After becoming an Eagle Scout and receiving the Eagle Palms you were entitled to, you may earn additional Palms by completing the following requirements:
1. Be active in the Boy Scouts of America for at least three months after becoming an Eagle Scout or after the last Palm was earned. (Eagle Palms must be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be observed for each Palm.)
2. Since earning the Eagle Scout rank or your last Eagle Palm, demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
3. Continue to set a satisfactory example of accepting responsibility or demonstrating leadership ability.
4. Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last Palm. (Merit badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used to meet this requirement.)
5. While an Eagle Scout, participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
Keep earning your palms with these related ideas and achievements: