About Sky Is the Limit
Sky Is the Limit is one of the Tiger elective adventures. For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners learn about astronomy and do some star gazing.
Tiger Elective Adventures: Sky Is the Limit
Click to open the requirements for Tiger Elective Adventure: Sky Is the Limit
Complete requirements 1–3 plus at least one other
1. With your den or with your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, go outside to observe the night sky. Talk about objects you see or might see
2. Look at a distant object through a telescope or binoculars. Show how to focus the device you chose
3. Find out about two astronauts who were Scouts when they were younger. Share what you learned with your den
4. Observe in the sky or select from a book, chart, computer, or electronic device two constellations that are easy to see in the night sky. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, find out the names of the stars that make up the constellation and how the constellation got its name. Share what you found with your den.
5. Draw and name your own constellation. Share your constellation with your den
6. Create a homemade model of a constellation
7. Find out about two different jobs related to astronomy. Share this information with your den.
8. With your den or family, visit a planetarium, observatory, science museum, astronomy club, or college or high school astronomy teacher. Before you go, write down questions you might want to ask. Share what you learned.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Reach for the stars with these related ideas and achievements: