Bear Necessities is one of the Bear required adventures. For this adventure, Bears learn some outdoor skills, go camping, do some cooking, and learn a little about the weather.
Bear Adventure: Bear Necessities
Click to open the requirements for Bear Adventure: Bear Necessities
Complete requirements 1–4. Requirements 5 and 6 are optional.
1. While working on your Bear badge, attend one of the following:
1A. A daytime or overnight campout with your pack or family
1B. An outdoor activity with your den or pack
1C. Day camp
1D. Resident camp
2. Make a list of items you should take along on the activity selected in requirement 1.
3. Make a list of equipment that the group should bring along in addition to each Scout’s personal gear for the activity selected in requirement 1.
4. Help set up a tent. Determine a good spot for the tent, and explain to your den leader why you picked it
5. Demonstrate how to tie two half hitches and explain what the hitch is used for
6. Learn how to read a thermometer and a barometer. Keep track of the temperature and barometric pressure readings and the actual weather at the same time every day for seven days
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Get outdoors with these related ideas and achievements: