About the Gives Goodwill Citizenship and Service Theme)
The Gives Goodwill meeting plan features ideas for the value of citizenship – games, group activities, songs, and more. This theme has an emphasis on the importance of serving others in need.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with the value of citizenship:
Cub Scouts learn about the true spirit of Scouting this month as they show an act of goodwill by being good citizens providing a service for someone in need during the colder months. Citizenship means contributing service and showing responsibility to local, state, and national communities. By helping fellow citizens in our local community, we remember the Law of the Pack and what it means when we say “gives goodwill.”
Gives Goodwill Pack Meeting Plan
See the bottom of this post for the complete plan
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a health and fitness theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Service Project – “Stay Warm” drive
- Gathering activity – Blanket Tic-Tac-Toe, Law of the Pack Maze, Blanket Volleyball
- Opening ceremony – As a Good Citizen
- Goodwill Prayer
- “Let’s All Do a Little Clapping” song (to the tune of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”)
- “When You’re Helping and You Know It” song
- Den Demonstrations
- Good Going cheer
- Gives Goodwill Skit
- Goodwill Cheer
- How the Stars Got Into the Sky Recognition Ceremony
- Helpful to Others Cubmaster Minute
Here are some additional ideas to go with this service and citizenship related pack meeting plan:
Top ideas for Gives Goodwill
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?