Sleeping Guard game is a fun game for a den. The object of the game is for the Scouts to be quiet enough to sneak up on a blindfolded guard and steal an object. Perfect for a bunch of noisy Cub Scouts!
You don’t need a lot of materials for this one, so it makes a good time filler if your den meeting activities go faster than you expected them to.
How to play Sleeping Guard Game
- any object which can be stolen – neckerchief, baseball, frisbee, etc.
- Choose one Scout to be the sleeping guard. The rest will be thieves.
- The guard is blindfolded and sits on the ground next to the object to be stolen.
- The thieves start from a distance away and approach the object quietly to try to steal it. They must walk, not run.
- If the guard hears a thief approaching he points at them. If he correctly points to a thief, then that thief is out.
- If one of the thieves gets the object without being pointed out, he gets to be the guard for the next round.
It is possible to play it in a large space indoors, but outdoors is better.