Sleeping Guard game is a fun game for a den. The object of the game is for the Scouts to be quiet enough to sneak up on a blindfolded guard and steal an object. Perfect for a bunch of noisy Cub Scouts!
You don’t need a lot of materials for this one, so it makes a good time filler if your den meeting activities go faster than you expected them to.
How to play Sleeping Guard Game
- any object which can be stolen – neckerchief, baseball, frisbee, etc.
- Choose one Scout to be the sleeping guard. The rest will be thieves.
- The guard is blindfolded and sits on the ground next to the object to be stolen.
- The thieves start from a distance away and approach the object quietly to try to steal it. They must walk, not run.
- If the guard hears a thief approaching he points at them. If he correctly points to a thief, then that thief is out.
- If one of the thieves gets the object without being pointed out, he gets to be the guard for the next round.
It is possible to play it in a large space indoors, but outdoors is better.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?