Light the Candle game is a simple game which works in well with a holiday themed meeting. It only requires a few materials and not much preparation, which makes it ideal in my mind. And it works indoors. It will give your Cub Scouts a chance to run off some energy after they’ve been sitting at a meeting.
And no, this does not involve Cub Scouts playing games with real candles!
Light the Candle Game
No, this does not involve actual candles or flames. This fun game makes a good Christmas party game for young children.
- Toilet paper tubes one for each player
- Wadded up yellow paper
- Place the tubes on the opposite side of the room
- Divide the group into two or more teams.
- One player from the team takes his yellow paper and runs across the room.
- He sticks the paper in the cardboard tube and stands the tube up so it looks like a lit candle.
- He runs back to his team and tags the next player.
- Continue in relay fashion.
- The first team to “light” all of their “candles” wins.