About Apple Smiles
This is a nice recipe to make in the fall when fresh apples from local orchards are readily available. I’ve made these several times with Cub Scouts and they always enjoy them.
Hopefully I made the instructions clear enough. When assembled, this should look like two lips (the red sides of the apples) with two teeth (the marshmallows).
See more recipes and ideas for Cubs in the Kitchen
Apple Smiles Recipe
- Cutting board
- Knife for cutting apples
- Knife for spreading peanut butter
- 2 red apples
- peanut butter (or substitute caramel spread)
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- Cut apples into 8 wedges each
- Spread two wedges with peanut butter on the cut sides
- Put the peanut buttered sides together with two marshmallows stuck in the middle.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Makes 8 Apple Smiles
If you are worried about nut allergies and the peanut butter, use a caramel spread instead. Don’t microwave it before using it as this will make it too thin. Use it at room temperature. Or if you think it needs to be even thicker, refrigerate it beforehand.