Cub Cafe Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan
What Is Included in this Cub Scout Meeting Plan?
BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Cub Cafe related to health, nutrition, and fitness. For more ideas for use with this theme, see the bottom of this post.
The ideals of healthy habits should be the focus for the meeting. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together:
As Cub Scouts, we are personally committed to care for our minds and our bodies. One way we care for our bodies is by what we feed ourselves. By choosing Cub Café as a theme, we can emphasize healthier choices, thus reinforcing our commitment to care for our bodies.
Sometimes these meeting plans don’t seem like they have enough to fill an hour. The time required to do some of these things might vary with the size of the pack especially. If you need an additional activity, consider having the Cub Scouts prepare a healthy snack. See my Cubs in the Kitchen page for recipe ideas. Many of the recipes on the page can be done without access to a kitchen.
What Is Included in the Cub Cafe Cub Scout Meeting Plan?
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a health and fitness theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Types of Apples word search
- Opening ceremony – What makes Old Glory: The program helps suggest having a campfire with this. Use some crumpled red, yellow, and orange tissue paper around the pot. I’ve seen this ceremony done without the fake campfire and it works fine without it.
- A prayer about health
- Song – The Cub Scouts Eat So Well (To the tune of The Farmer in the Dell)
- Audience Participation – My Cubmaster Cooks
- Activity – Den Demonstrations
- Cub Cafe recognition ceremony
- A “Physically Strong” Cubmaster Minute
- A Health closing ceremony
Get started with those healthy habits with these related ideas and achievements:
Easy Recipes for Cub Scouts in the Kitchen
Helping to prepare a healthy and fun snack or meal promotes independence. And it might also encourage a Cub Scout to try something new. Find some easy recipes for Cub Scouts.
Germ Transfer Demonstration
Show kids how easily germs spread. The powder is a safe way to simulate germs. Like germs it cannot be seen. “Infect” one or two people with the powder. Then check the area and other people with the black light later and see how the “germs” have spread.
Even More Cub Cafe Ideas
Check out these bonus ideas from Baloo’s Bugle. It includes a word search, fill in the blank worksheet, word plays, ceremonies, skits, crafts, and more.
Leave a Reply