Our Pack learned about nutrition at a Pack Meeting. One of the kid’s aunts, who is a nutritionist, came in and did some activities and made some healthy dishes with the Cub Scouts. One of the recipes she made with them was this fruit and yogurt parfait recipe.
The Cub Scouts enjoyed making the parfaits, especially since they had some control over what they put in their own parfait.
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Recipe
These parfaits are easy for kids to make. Any fruit can be used. You can also experiment with different flavors of yogurt.
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups low-fat granola
- 2 cups fresh or canned fruit – raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, peaches, cherries
- Line up 4 parfait glasses or other tall glasses.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt into each glass.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of granola over yogurt.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of fruit over granola.
- Repeat layers until parfait is the size you want it.
Makes 4 to 8 servings, depending on the size