The monthly themes based on core values will be replaced with themes based on the Scout Law starting in September. But for this summer there are still core value themes. The Cub Scout core value for the month of June is Perseverance. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Go for the Gold related to this core value. The Go for the Gold meeting plan features ideas for the core value of perseverance- games, group activities, songs, and more.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see the Go for the Gold page.
The core value of perseverance should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with June’s core value of perseverance:
Perseverance means sticking with something and not giving up, even if it is difficult. This month’s theme, “Go for the Gold,” will help Scouts learn and experience the perseverance gold miners had long ago as they try to obtain treasures on their pack Go for the Gold Day!
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for June – Go for the Gold (Perseverance)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a perseverance theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – How Many Nuggets in the Bag
- Four Ways to Get There game
- Go for the Gold opening ceremony
- Perseverance Prayer
- Gold Seekers’ Crossing song (To the tune of My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean), Clementine, Home on the Range
- Run ons: Fanning for Gold, Gold Fever, River Bed, Pan Fransisco, Gold Slush
- Den demonstrations
- Go for the Gold cheer, Gold in the Hills cheer, Panning for Gold applause, Howdy cheer
- Gold Is Where You Find It skit
- Race to Sutter’s Mill activity
- Forty-Niners Obstacle Course
- Panning for Gold activity
- Prospector recognition ceremony
- Worth of a Badge advancement ceremony
- Gold Mining Cubmaster Minute
- Refreshment ideas: S’Mores, caramel popcorn, chocolate coins, Butterscotch candies