We always carve at least one Jack ‘O Lantern in October. The first step is to remove the top and scoop out all of the pulp and seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. We never let the seeds go to waste though. We roast them and eat them instead.
If you want to roast the seeds from your pumpkin, our recipe is below. These never last long in our house.
Roast Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- One large pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin.
- Separate the pulp from the seeds. Do NOT wash the seeds. (The seeds are good with little bits of pulp still on them, but don’t leave big chunks.) Discard the pulp.
- Spread the seeds in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter and combine with the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Pour the butter mixture over the seeds and stir.
- Bake the seeds for about 1 hour, until deep brown and crisp. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.