At our March Pack meeting the Cub Scouts worked on the Nutrition belt loop. A nutritionist came in and did some great activities with the Cub Scouts, including bringing in a chicken wrap recipe and letting each Cub Scout make his own chicken wrap.
This is the chicken wrap recipe she made with the Cub Scouts:
Chicken Wrap Recipe
- 2 12 ounce cans white chicken breast, drained
- 2/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 10 inch whole grain tortilla wraps
- 2 cups shredded lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and cut into 16 slices
- 1/2 cup carrot shreds
- reduced sodium soy sauce for dipping (optional)
- Mix the chicken, mayonnaise, and green onion in a bowl.
- Combine the rice and vinegar in another bowl.
- Spread 1/4 of the chicken mixture on a wrap.
- Top with 1/2 cup of the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup lettuce, 4 avocado slices, and 2 tablespoons of carrot shreds on top of the rice.
- Roll up the chicken wrap and cut in half or in quarters.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wraps.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping if desired.
Makes 8 servings (1/2 wrap each)
Tuna can be substituted for the chicken.