A supplemental meeting plan theme called Turn Back the Clock was provided by BSA a few years ago. For more ideas for use with this theme, see then end of this post.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this history based theme with the value of resourcefulness.
When you look back in time, it is easy to find many examples of resourcefulness, using human and other resources to their fullest. Whether it is the Ice Age, the Wild West, the Space Age, or the 1950s, each time period had people with goals who used the resources available to them to make their lives better.
This meeting plan includes the following – all within a resourcefulness theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activities – A word search which can also double as a place mat
- Opening ceremony – Resourcefulness
- A prayer for your banquet
- Song – We Are a Cub Scout Pack (To the tune of Hickory Dickory Dock)
- Ideas for den skits
- Audience participation – putting together phrases to make up a story, a little bit like Mad Libs
- A Turn Back the Clock recognition ceremony
- A Resourcefulness Cubmaster Minute
- A simple closing ceremony
Here are some additional ideas to go with this theme: