The Cub Scout core value for the month of March is Compassion. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Be Aware and Care related to this core value. The Be Aware and Care meeting plan features ideas for the core value of compassion- games, group activities, songs, and more.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see the Be Aware and Care page.
The core value of compassion should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with March’s core value of compassion:
A compassionate Scout imagines himself in the situation of others and feels sympathetic to their distress. As we become aware of the needs of all creatures on Earth, we gain compassion for everything that inhabits our world and the importance of understanding that we are all linked together. This is the reason Scouts are conservation-minded and understand the need to recycle, conserve energy, and follow the principles of Leave No Trace.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for March – Be Aware and Care (Compassion)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a compassion theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Survival Game
- Magic Mud Skit
- Conservation Prayer
- Den demonstrations
- Thumbs Up applause, Good Going cheer, Good Turn applause, Heart and Sole applause, Beehive applause
- Noah Wants to Be a Cub Scout audience participation
- Natural Resources recognition ceremony
- The World in Our Hands Cubmaster Minute
- Building a Better World Closing Ceremony