Here is another easy recipe for summer camp season. The only real trick to these is to cook them slowly so they cook all the way through. It helps if you don’t wrap them too much also. Just keep the dough in a single layer.
My husband says I made one error in the recipe. He thinks the work “sprinkle” should be changed to “douse”. 🙂
Campfire Cinnamon Crescents
- Charcoal or wood fire
- Marshmallow forks
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Prepare fire.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles
- Sprinkle both sides rolls with cinnamon sugar
- Wind the dough around the tines of a marshmallow fork, spearing it at least once so it stays on.
- Toast slowly over hot coals until golden brown, turning frequently so the dough cooks evenly.