Sunday, March 21, 2021
March 21 has been declared the International Day of Forests by the United Nations. It is a day to appreciate our forests. Forests are an essential part of ecosystems and support a wide variety of plants, animals, and insects. Deforestation is an important global issue and this day is meant to raise awareness of the importance of preserving the world’s forests.
Here are some ways to love our trees on this day:
- Webelos can work on the Into the Woods adventure
- Scouts BSA can start on the Forestry merit badge
- Learn about tree rings
- Sing the Take Me Out to the Forest song
- Make a Seed Neckerchief Slide
- Learn about the layers of the forest
How do your Scouts learn to appreciate and protect trees? Add your thoughts to the comments below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?