This book will help you come up with fun and age-appropriate crafts and art projects for your Scouts.
From the author:
“This book is suitable for ages 7 to 13 years. Sandi Henry introduces children to the seven basic elements of design that will help them to take a piece of art from ‘That’s Nice’ to ‘Wow!’. These elements – line, shape, form, colour, value, texture, and space – are the building blocks that all artists use to create works from drawings and paintings to weaving and sculpture.
Readers will see examples of how children of their own age use elements of design in their work. And they will meet classic masters and contemporary artists whose individual works are based upon these same design techniques.
- Grid Drawing – using a grid to divide images into smaller parts to reproduce a photograph or painting;
- Cut-out Collage – using free-form shapes cut from construction paper to create a colorful collage;
- Texture Rubbing – using the bumps, grooves, lines and other patterns to add interesting visual texture to artwork;
- Complementary Color Puzzle – cutting and gluing shapes of complementary colors to create a striking abstract design; and,
- Supersize It! – using a papier-mache to create an enlarged version of a common object.”