Friday, February 19, 2021
February 19 of each year is International Tug of War Day. Tug of war is a fun way to have a little competition. Tug of war was played in ancient Greece, Egypt, and China. It is easy to set up and play. To be fair, ensure that the teams are set up so the weight of the players on each side is approximately the same.
Here are some ideas for this day:
- Check out these basic tug of war rules
- Play Island Tug of War for a twist
- Lions can work on the Fun on the Run adventure or the Rumble in the Jungle adventure
- Tigers can work on the Tiger Tag adventure or the Tiger-iffic! adventure
- Webelos can work on the Stronger, Faster, Higher adventure
What is your favorite tug of war activity? Add it to the comments below.