Cub Scouts learn about respect. According to the program helps respect is:
Showing regard for the worth of someone or something.
Through interacting with pack families, Cub Scouts will develop appreciation and respect for different families and traditions. Through pack service projects, they will learn to treat the environment with care.
So how can you fit this into your pack program? Here are some ideas:
- Learn to respect the environment by working on the Cub Scout World Conservation award
- Find out about some endangered species in your area and learn how Cub Scouts can help
- Learn about different faiths in your neighborhood by doing a “church hike”. Plot a two or three mile course which takes you to several different churches.
- Find out how different cultures celebrate December holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa .
- Here are some more ideas related to respect which I posted last year.
What are your ideas? Add them in the comments below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?