About Tiger Bites
Tiger Cub Scouts learn about good food choices and hygiene while working on the Tiger Bites adventure. They also help out at mealtime, learn some manners, and make a healthy snack.
Here are some check off sheets to help you keep track of your progress:
Tiger Adventure: Tiger Bites
Click to open the requirements for Tiger Adventure: Tiger Bites
Complete requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others
1. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, or with your den, find out about good food choices and not-so-good choices. Identify three foods that you think would be good choices and three foods that would not be good choices.
2. Explain the importance of hand washing before a meal and cleanup after a meal. Then show how you would do each.
3. Show that you know the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
4. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, pick a job to help your family at mealtime. Do it for at least four meals.
5. Talk with your parent, guardian, or other caring adult about what foods you can eat with your fingers. Practice your manners when eating them.
6. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, plan and make a good snack choice or other nutritious food to share with your den.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Dig into these other related ideas and adventures: