Communication is key to a healthy and vibrant troop. The Webmaster is a youth member of the troop who maintains the troop website (with the assistance of an adult if necessary).
The description and requirements below are an example. Adjust them as necessary to meet the needs and expectations of your troop. The printable copy also includes a self evaluation form for the position.
Also note that you can ask for attendance expectations, but you can’t use attendance as a criteria for awarding a rank. Encourage rather than deny.
- Appointed by Senior Patrol Leader and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader with Scoutmaster approval
- Tenderfoot Rank or higher
- Current Cyber Chip
- May not serve three consecutive terms
Reports to: The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Trained by: Assistant Senior Patrol Leader with assistance from the Assistant Scoutmaster for Older Scouts
Troop Webmaster duties:
- Maintain the troop website.
- Collect articles and information from youth leadership and others in the troop.
- Participate in outings. Attendance expectation 50%
- Attend troop meetings. Attendance expectation 80%
- Set a good example.
- Wear the field uniform (class A) correctly to all regular troop meetings and religious services.
- Wear the activity uniform (class B t-shirt) to all outings and other troop activities.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?