A Scouts BSA Troop is actually run by its youth leaders. The Scoutmaster and adults on the Troop Committee provide advice and resources to help the youth carry out their program.
Here are some suggested guidelines for explaining the various youth leadership positions. Please note these are only an example. Adjust them to fit your unit’s needs.
- Senior Patrol Leader
- Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Patrol Leader
- Assistant Patrol Leader (does not fulfill leadership requirement for Eagle)
- Troop Guide
- Order of the Arrow Troop Representative
- Den Chief
- Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
- Chaplain Aide
- Outdoor Ethics Guide
- Bugler (does not fulfill leadership requirement for Eagle)
Find helps and ideas for your youth leadership and the adults who support them below: