About Cubs Who Care
Cubs Who Care is one of the Wolf Cub Scout elective adventures. For the Cubs Who Care adventure, Wolves learn about the challenges faced by people with disabilities.
Wolf Elective Adventure: Cubs Who Care
Click to open the requirements for Wolf Elective Adventure: Cubs Who Care
Complete at least four of the following requirements
1. With other members of your den, try using a wheelchair or crutches, and reflect on the process.
2. Learn about a sport that has been adapted so that people in wheelchairs or with some other physical disability can play, and tell your den about it.
3. Learn about “invisible” disabilities. Take part in an activity that develops an understanding of invisible disabilities.
4. With your den, try doing three of the following things while wearing gloves or mittens:
4A. Tying your shoes
4B. Using a fork to pick up food
4C. Playing a card game
4D. Playing a video game
4E. Playing checkers or another board game
4F. Blowing bubbles
5. Paint a picture two different ways: Paint it once the way you usually would paint it and then again by using a blindfold. Discuss with your den the ways the process was different
6. Use American Sign Language to communicate either a simple sentence or at least four points of the Scout Law.
7. Learn about someone famous who has or had a disability, and share that person’s story with your den or family
8. Attend an event where people with disabilities are participants or where accommodations for people with disabilities are made a part of the event.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Show how much you care with these related ideas and achievements: