Engineer is one of the Webelos/Arrow of Light elective adventures. For the Webelos Engineer adventure, Webelos learn about how engineers design new things and make two projects of their own.
Webelos will enjoy finding out about engineering principles such as design, development, and testing by working on age-appropriate projects.
Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Engineer
Click to open the requirements for Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Engineer
Complete requirements 1 and 2. Requirements 3 and 4 are optional.
1. Pick one type of engineer. With the help of the internet, your local library, or an engineer, discover three things that describe what that engineer does. (To use the internet, be sure that you have a current Cyber Chip or that you have permission from your Webelos den leader, parent, or guardian.) Share your findings with your Webelos den.
2. Learn to follow engineering design principles by doing the following:
2A. Examine a set of blueprints or specifications. Using these as a model, prepare your own set of blueprints or specifications to design a project.
2B. Using the blueprints or specifications from your own design, complete your project. Your project may be something useful or something fun.
2C. Share your project with others at a den or pack meeting.
3. Explore other fields of engineering and how they have helped form our past, present, and future.
4. Pick and do two projects using the engineering skills you have learned. Share your projects with your den, and also exhibit them at a pack meeting.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Additional Resources for the Webelos Engineer Adventure
- Webelos/AOL Adventures Checkoff Sheet
- Welcome New Den Leaders
- BSA Safety
- Scout Moms, Dads, and Leaders Facebook group
Design your adventure with these related ideas and achievements: