Building a Better World
The requirements for the Building a Better World adventure help Webelos learn about good citizenship and good stewardship of our resources. Webelos working towards Arrow of Light will learn about the flag, become more engaged in their communities, explore energy conservation, and develop leadership skills.
This US Flag Cootie Catcher is a good way to encourage Webelos to learn more about the history of the flag.
Citizenship football is a fun way to learn about being more active in the community and government.
Arrow of Light Adventure: Building a Better World
Click to open the requirements for Webelos Adventure: Building a Better World
Complete the following requirements
1. Explain the history of the United States flag. Show how to properly display the flag in public, and help lead a flag ceremony
2. Learn about and describe your rights and duties as a citizen, and explain what it means to be loyal to your country.
3. Discuss in your Webelos den the term “rule of law,” and talk about how it applies to you in your everyday life.
4. Meet with a government leader, and learn about his or her role in your community. Discuss with the leader an important issue facing your community.
5. Show that you are an active leader by planning an activity for your den without your den leader’s help. Ask your den leader for approval first.
6. Do at least one of these:
6A. Learn about Scouting in another part of the world. With the help of your parent, guardian, or den leader, pick one country where Scouting exists, and research its Scouting program
6B. Set up an exhibit at a pack meeting to share information about the World Friendship Fund.
6C. Under the supervision of your parent, guardian, or den leader, connect with a Scout in another country during an event such as Jamboree-on-the-Air or Jamboree-on-the-Internet or by other means.
6D. Learn about energy use in your community and in other parts of the world.
6E. Identify one energy problem in your community, and find out what has caused it.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Here are more ideas to help Webelos complete the Building a Better World adventure: