I love science fiction. As a child, I read large amounts of science fiction and fantasy novels. I would get a series for my birthday or Christmas and tear through it in just a few days. And then I would read it again.
Here are a few books your kids might enjoy. I’ve included titles for a wide range of ages. These are great choices to get your kids hooked on reading and to let their imaginations carry them away to new worlds.
- If You Decide to Go to the Moon (ages 4 – 8)
- Aliens for Breakfast (ages 6 – 9)
- Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet (ages 8 – 11)
- Zita the Space Girl (ages 8 – 11)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (ages 8 -12)
- Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy from Mars (ages 10 – 14)
- A Wrinkle in Time (ages 10 – 14)
- Ender’s Game (ages 11 and up)
- Fahrenheit 451 (ages 12 and up)
- The Martian (ages 14 and up)
What is your favorite science fiction book for youth? Add it to the comments below.