Tuesday, October 15
October 15 is Global Handwashing Day. On this day, all are encouraged to remember that washing hands with soap is a good way to prevent diseases. Another goal is to increase the awareness of the importance of the availability of hand washing facilities. Learn more at https://globalhandwashing.org/global-handwashing-day/
Cub Scouts can work on their hygiene requirements and water conservation requirements. Scouts BSA and Venturers might want to learn about water challenges in some regions throughout the world and think about how conservation efforts might help.
Here are some specific suggestions:
- Tigers can work on Tiger Bites
- Wolves can work on Germs Alive and Spirit of the Water
- Bears can work on Bear Picnic Basket
- Webelos can work on AOL Building a Better World
- Scouts BSA and Venturers can work on the Soil and Water Conservation merit badge
What are your ideas for Global Handwashing Day? Comment below.