Sunday, February 7, 2021
National Periodic Table Day is February 7 of each year. The development of the periodic table helps scientists understand the relationships between various elements and to understand their properties. It is especially important in the study of chemistry and nuclear physics.
John Newlands published an early version of the periodic table on February 7, 1963. Although this table was not perfect, it was useful in predicting the existence of previously undiscovered elements and was a precursor to the modern periodic table.
Some suggestions for this date:
- Promote the Chemistry Merit Badge
- Promote the Nuclear Science Merit Badge
- Promote the Supernova Awards which include these badges
- Make your own model magic modeling clay
- Make your own silly putty