Coming up with feasible service project ideas for young Cub Scouts can be a challenge. Tigers (who are in first grade) need to do a service project for the Tiger Circles adventure. There are many possibilities:
- Collect canned goods for your local food pantry
- Make Valentine’s day cards for a nursing home or for shut ins
- Make no-sew fleece blankets for children at a local homeless shelter
- Collect DVDs and video games for a treatment center for children with mental health issues
- Go to an animal shelter and play with the pets.
- Plant a tree at a local park.
- Make posters for school to encourage students to walk, bike, or carpool to help the environment.
- Collect board games for your local homeless shelter
- Make cards for members of the armed services who are overseas
- Clean up litter at your chartered organization or a local park
- Create care bags for the homeless with toothbrushes, toothpaste, lip balm, lotion, sunscreen, band aids, deodorant, and other items
- Visit a nursing home and play board games with the residents
- Rake leaves for an elderly citizen in your neighborhood
- Make cookies and deliver them to first responders
- Collect baby clothes and donate them to a women’s shelter
What are your favorite ideas for young Cub Scouts? Share them in the comments below.