The February Cub Scout theme features the core value of resourcefulness. The program helps give this explanation of resourcefullness: “Using human resources and other resources to their fullest. Cub Scouts will gain the knowledge and the means to meet situations effectively whether they are working on a service project or completing a den activity.”
So how can we incorporate resourcefulness into our February pack program?
- Honor your adult leaders and Den Chiefs – they are great human resources!
- Study famous inventors who used the materials they had to come up with something new
- Webelos can work on the Engineer activity badge
- Bring in old magazines, egg cartons, boxes, and other “junk” items. Give your Cub Scouts some glue and tape and let them use the items to make a 3-D “self portrait”.
- Give your scouts a simple problem and a variety of materials. Let them work in teams to come up with a solution.
What are your ideas for promoting resourcefulness with Cub Scouts?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?