Nylon pouch, multi-tool, miniature light, hand saw, signaling mirror, survival blanket, fire starter, waterproof matches, cotton ball fire tinder, snare wire, emergency cord, waxed thread, fishing kit, sewing kit, pocket survival guide, and rescue instructions.
Venturing Archives: Outdoor Bronze Award
The Outdoor Bronze Award lets Venturers focus on learning outdoor skills. Earning at least one Venturing Bronze Award is required for the Venturing Gold Award. The Venturing Bronze Award is designed as the first tier in the advancement track for Venturers so they can acquire usable skills that will carry them along the trail to the Venturing Silver Award.
Venturing Outdoor Bronze Award Requirements
Do four of the following Ranger core requirements:
- Communications Ranger Core Requirement
- Conservation Ranger Core Requirement
- Cooking Ranger Core Requirement
- Emergency Preparedness Ranger Core Requirement
- First Aid Ranger Core Requirement
- Land Navigation Ranger Core Requirement
- Leave No Trace Ranger Core Requirement
- Wilderness Survival Ranger Core Requirement
Do two of the following Ranger elective requirements:
- Backpacking Ranger Elective
- Cave Exploring Ranger Elective
- Cycling/Mountain Biking Ranger Elective
- Ecology Ranger Elective
- Equestrian Ranger Elective
- First Aid Ranger Elective
- Fishing Ranger Elective
- Hunting Ranger Elective
- Lifesaver Ranger Elective
- Mountaineering Ranger Elective
- Outdoor Living History Ranger Elective
- Physical Fitness Ranger Elective
- Plants and Wildlife Ranger Elective
- Project COPE Ranger Elective
- Scuba Ranger Elective
- Shooting Sports Ranger Elective
- Watercraft Ranger Elective
- Winter Sports Ranger Elective
This walking stick comes in 4 different lengths so you can get the correct size for your height, resulting in more comfortable hiking.
This is great for Scout units, because you can pick up the book and know you are going to be able to find something within a reasonable driving distance.
This is not an academic or theoretical book on youth leadership. It is a relentlessly practical guide on how to effectively guide teens to become leaders.
The Venturing Outdoor Bronze Award is the first step on the way to earning the Ranger award. To earn this award, Venturers must complete four of the Ranger core requirements and two Ranger electives.
There are five different Venturing Bronze awards: Arts and Hobbies, Outdoor, Sea Scouts, Sports, and Religious Life. All five Bronze awards contain the common elements of experience, learning a skill, and sharing experiences and skills with others.
Swift offers weeks of summer camp for Venturers and Explorers. Activities include water skiing, tubing, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, rock climbing, rappelling, ropes challenge courses, horseback riding, mountain biking, rifle shooting, and archery.
Camping with a coed Scouting unit presents its own set of concerns and challenges. It is important to have a clearly defined Code of Conduct beforehand.
One thing new scouts (and new leaders) often ask the first few times they go camping is “What do I need to bring?” Download a suggested list of personal camping gear.
A weekend campout planning guide will let your Boy Scout troop share the planning responsibilities for monthly camping trips, but will still provide consistency from one campout to the next.