Wolf Achievement 4 – Know Your Home and Community – helps Cub Scouts learn how to take care of themselves and be safe. This den meeting plan covers requirements a, b, c, d, and e.
For requirement f, you will need to go on a field trip to a government center or a historic location. One of my dens went to a local historic home. The other den went to a local “one lot” graveyard on our street which dates back to the mid 1800’s. They had fun looking at all of the names and dates on the headstones.
Printable copy of Den Meeting Plan for Wolf Achievement 4 – Know Your Home and Community
Den Meeting Plan
Ask the Scouts to bring some phone numbers for family, neighbors, doctors, etc with them for requirement 4a
Your will need to gather these materials beforehand:
- A US flag. If you have a Den or Pack flag, bring that also.
- Crayons or markers
- Pieces of rope for the gathering activity
- Printouts for the meeting
- Practice tying overhand knots and square knots (Elective 17 a)
- Prep one Scout to plan and lead opening flag ceremony (Wolf requirement 2b for the scout leading)
- Make emergency phone number lists. (Emergency Phone Number List (Worksheet)) After they fill in the numbers, have them decorate the lists by drawing pictures on them. (Requirement 4a)
- Role play what to do when someone knocks at the door or when the phone rings. Practice several different scenarios for each. See Phone Etiquette (Requirements 4b and 4c)
- Talk about what they need to do before leaving the house. (Requirement 4d)
- Play an active game – see the Games page for ideas
Closing and Announcements
- Hand out recognitions
- Announcements for upcoming pack and den events
- Hand out aids for keeping track of chores at home for one month. See One Month Chore Chart . (Requirement 4e)