The Cub Scout core value for the month of November is Citizenship. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Gives Goodwill related to this core value. The Gives Goodwill meeting plan features ideas for the core value of citizenship – games, group activities, songs, and more.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see my Gives Goodwill page.
The core value of citizenship should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with Novembers’ core value of citizenship:
Cub Scouts learn about the true spirit of Scouting this month as they show an act of goodwill by being good citizens providing a service for someone in need during the colder months. Citizenship means contributing service and showing responsibility to local, state, and national communities. By helping fellow citizens in our local community, we remember the Law of the Pack and what it means when we say “gives goodwill.”
November Pack Meeting – Gives Goodwill (Health and Fitness)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a health and fitness theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Service Project – “Stay Warm” drive
- Gathering activity – Blanket Tic-Tac-Toe, Law of the Pack Maze, Blanket Volleyball
- Opening ceremony – As a Good Citizen
- Goodwill Prayer
- “Let’s All Do a Little Clapping” song (to the tune of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”)
- “When You’re Helping and You Know It” song
- Den Demonstrations
- Good Going cheer
- Gives Goodwill Skit
- Goodwill Cheer
- How the Stars Got Into the Sky Recognition Ceremony
- Helpful to Others Cubmaster Minute