The Cub Scout core value for the month of February is Resourcefulness. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Invention Convention related to this core value. The Invention Convention meeting plan features ideas for the core value of resourcefulness – games, group activities, songs, and more which enable Cub Scouts to use their creativity.
For more ideas for use with this program theme, see my Invention Convention page.
The core value of Resourcefulness should still be the focus for the month. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with February’s core value of Resoucefulness:
This month’s theme promotes creativity, imagination, and resourcefulness. Close your eyes and dream. Cub Scouts will learn that the sky’s the limit when it comes to a great idea. The boys will also see that anyone with an idea and the desire can be an inventor.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for February – Invention Convention (Resourcefulness)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a respect theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Genius Kit Displays
- Opening ceremony – “Lightbulb” Opening Ceremony
- Resourcefulness Prayer
- Carpenter Cheer, Stamp of Approval Cheer
- Inventions Run Ons
- Telegraph applause, Light Bulb applause, Genius applause, Ford Model T applause
- Song – Be a Genius (To the tune of Are You Sleeping)
- Activity – Inventions Contest and Den Demonstrations
- Puzzling Advancement Ceremony
- “Contributions” Cubmaster Minute
- “Genius at Being a Boy” Closing Ceremony