Cub Scout Archives: Wolf Elective 20 - Sports
Before beginning this elective, discuss sportsmanship with Akela or another adult.
Wolf Elective 20 Requirements
- Play a game of tennis, table tennis, or badminton.
- Know boating safety rules.
- Earn the Cub Scouting shooting sports Archery belt loop.
- Understand the safety and courtesy code for skiing. Show walking and the kick turn. Do climbing with a side stop or herringbone. Show the snowplow or stem turn, and how to get up from a fall.
- Know the safety rules for ice skating. Skate, without falling, as far as you can walk in 50 steps. Come to a stop. Turn from forward to backward.
- In roller skating, know the safety rules. From a standing start, skate forward as far as you can walk in 50 steps. Come to a stop within 10 walking steps. Skate around a corner one way without coasting. Then do the same coming back. Turn from forward to backward.
- Go bowling.
- Show how to make a sprint start in track. See how far you can run in 10 seconds.
- Do a standing long jump. Jump as far as you can.
- Play a game of flag football.
- Show how to dribble and kick a soccer ball. Take part in a game.
- Play a game of baseball or softball.
- Show how to shoot, pass, and dribble a basketball. Take part in a game.
- Earn the Cub Scouting shooting sports BB-gun shooting belt loop.
- With your den, participate in four outdoor physical fitness-related activities.
BSA Wolf Supplemental Den Meeting Plan N - Sports In this idea from the Wolf den meeting plans, Cub Scouts get together to play a game of baseball or softball for Wolf Elective 20 – Sports.
May Cub Scout Theme – Destination Parks (Health and Fitness) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One of the Cub Scout themes for the May core value of Health and Fitness is a Destination Parks theme.
BSA Wolf Supplemental Den Meeting Plan D - Swimming and Boating Safety Rules Wolf Den Meeting Plans: This meeting is a pool party where Wolf Cub Scouts learn about swimming and boating safety and earn their Swimming belt loop.
BSA Wolf Den Meeting Plan 4: Keep Your Body Healthy and Bowling Field Trip BSA provides den meeting plans for den leaders. Meeting 4 completes Wolf Achievement 3 - Keep Your Body Healthy, and completes Elective 20g - Sports (Go Bowling), and completes the Bowling belt loop.
Soccer Word Search Puzzle If you are looking for a gathering activity to go with this month's soccer theme , try this word search puzzle. As I mentioned in my post a few days ago, when teaching a new skill one of the first things you need to do is develop a common terminology.
Soccer Terminology One suggestion I have when working with Cub Scouts is to draw up a large soccer field on poster board and use some Lego figures or something similar to be players. Then you can give a visual demonstration of these terms. Or make a game of it by showing them something and asking if anyone knows the term. For very young Scouts, simplify this list of terms even more.
Soccer Theme for Cub Scouts Soccer is a great sport for young boys because most of them can pick up the basic skills quickly. And it also promotes the BSA aim of fitness. So if you are looking for a theme for your pack meeting or a pack activity, consider soccer.
BSA Wolf Den Meeting Plan 3: Your Flag, Keep Your Body Healthy, and Bowling Belt Loop BSA provides den meeting plans for den leader on the Scouting.org website. Meeting 3 completes Wolf Achievement 2 - Your Flag, starts Wolf Achievement 3 - Keep Your Body Healthy, and covers part of the Bowling belt loop.
Powdered Sports Drink Recipe Sports drinks like Gatorade or Power Aid are designed to replenish the water and salt your body loses when you are active or exercising. You can mix up your own powdered mix to accomplish this for a fraction of the cost of purchasing these drinks by the bottle.
Cub Scout Trading Cards With baseball season right around the corner, let your Cub Scouts make their own trading cards with "Cub Scout stats". This Cub Scout craft works great with any sports themed den or pack meeting.
Soccer Belt Loop for Cub Scouts Fall sports season is upon us! Here in the Midwest, soccer is very popular with the kids.So encourage your Cub Scouts to earn their Soccer belt loop this month.
Helps and Requirements for Wolf Wolf is the Cub Scout program for boys in 2nd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Wolf program on this page.
Past Posts On This Day
November 22, 2013
November 22, 2011
November 22, 2010