Wolf Adventure Requirements: Call of the Wild[cs2015] Call of the Wild is one of the Wolf CORE Adventure Requirements. In the current Wolf Cub Scout program, it is most similar to Wolf Achievement 7 – Your Living World, Wolf Elective 11 – Sing a Long, Wolf Elective 16 – Family Alert, Wolf Elective 18 – Outdoor Adventure, and Wolf Elective 23 – Lets Go Camping. For this adventure, Wolves go camping, learn some Scout skills, think about being prepared for outdoor adventure, and learn about Leave No Trace. The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Wolves will receive a belt loop.
Wolf Adventure Requirements: Call of the Wild
- While a Wolf Scout, attend a pack or family campout.
- Show how to tie an overhand knot and a square knot.
- While on a den or family outing, identify four different types of animals. Explain how you identified them.
- With your family or den, make a list of possible weather changes that might happen on your campout according to the time of year you are camping. Tell how you will be prepared for each one.
- Show that you are ready to be a Wolf Scout by demonstrating what to do for the following:
- A stranger approaches you, your family, or your belongings.
- A natural disaster such as an earthquake or flood happens.
- Demonstrate how to keep yourself safe by washing your hands properly before eating.
- On the campout, participate with your family or den in a campfire show. Prepare a skit or song ,based on one of your family’s favorite things to do outside, and then present it at the campfire for everyone else.
- Do the following: