The Cub Scout Holiday Lights theme for the December core value of respect incorporates the ideas of cultures and service.Get ideas for your pack and den.
Wolf Achievement 8 - Cooking and Eating
Wolf Achievement 8 is about having fun cooking. Find helps for this achievement here.
Wolf Achievement 8 Requirements
Do all of these requirements:
- Study the Food Guide Pyramid. Name some foods from each of the food groups shown in the pyramid.
- Plan the meals you and your family should have for one day. List things your family should have from the food groups shown in the Food Group Pyramid. At each meal, you should have foods from at least three food groups.
- Help fix at least one meal for your family. Help set the table, cook the food, and wash the dishes.
- Fix your own breakfast. Wash and put away the dishes.
- With an adult, help to plan, prepare, and cook an outdoor meal.
The Fast Food Song is fun for Scouts. It is an action song and would fit in well with a nutrition themed meeting.
The core value for the month of May is Health and Fitness. Along with the regular pack meeting plan for this core value, BSA also plans to release a Cub Cafe theme.
This Wolf Den Meeting plan covers part of Wolf Achievement 8 – Cooking and Eating and part of Wolf Achievement 6 – Start a Collection.
Do you ever feel like you are repeating yourself when you are teaching your kids table manners? Here is an idea your Cub Scouts can make for their holiday table or even for everyday family dinners.
The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of May is Health and Fitness. According to the program helps health and fitness is: Being personally committed to keeping our minds and bodies cleanand fit.Cub Scouts will learn that it is important and easy to eat a healthy diet and how a fitnessprogram can be […]
This worksheet is just a simple grid with a row for each meals. The basic food groups make each column. This makes it easy for the Wolves to see if they are really including items from three different food groups in their meals.
Cub Scouts always enjoy a picnic. Line up some adults to help you and fulfill some of the requirements for Wolf Achievement 8: Cooking and Eating with this den meeting plan.
Most Scouts are probably familiar with the food pyramid from school. To make the nutrition and fitness components of the Scout program more interesting, turn them into a hands-on activity.
This is basically a go fish game with different types of food. I liked how the kids talked about the different types of food they saw on the cards.
Wolf is the Cub Scout program for boys in 2nd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Wolf program on this page.