Cub Scout Archives: Wolf Achievement 4 - Know Your Home and Community
Wolf Achievement 4 is about being responsible and being prepared. Find helps for this achievement here.
Wolf Achievement 4 Requirements
Do all of these requirements:
- Make a list of phone numbers you need in case of an emergency. Put a copy of this list by each phone or in a central place in your home. Update it often.
- Tell what to do if someone comes to the door and wants to come in.
- Tell what to do if someone calls on the phone.
- When you and your family leave home, remember to …
(see the list in the book)
- Talk with your family members. Agree on the household jobs you will be responsible for. Make a list of your jobs and mark off when you have finished them. Do this for one month.
- Visit an important place in your community, such as a historic or government location. Explain why it is important.
September Cub Scout Theme - Hometown Heroes (Cooperation) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One theme for the September core value of Cooperation is a Hometown Heroes theme.
August Cub Scout Theme - Kids Against Crime (Honesty) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. The newest theme for the August core value of Honesty will be a Kids Against Crime theme.
February Cub Scout Theme – Turn Back the Clock (Resourcefulness) One of the supplemental plans for February will be the old Turn Back the Clock theme. This one was the program theme at least a couple of times in the past.
BSA Wolf Den Meeting Plan 6: Know Your Home and Community This plan completes Wolf Achievement 4 - Know Your Home and Community, which was started in the previous meeting plan. It also includes some electives - Let's Have a Party and Sing-Along.
BSA Wolf Den Meeting Plan 5: Know Your Home and Community and Be Safe at Home and on the Street This plan covers part of Wolf Achievement 4 (Know Your Home and Community) and part of Wolf Achievement 9 (Be Safe at Home and on the Street).
Phone Etiquette Phone etiquette does not come naturally to most kids. It needs to be taught. Here are some very basic rules for talking on the phone. These could be used with Tiger Elective 26 - Phone Manners or Wolf Achievement 4 - Know Your Home and Community. It will also help Cub Scouts working on the Good Manners Pin.
Wolf Den Meeting Plan for Achievement 4 - Know Your Home and Community Wolf Achievement 4 - Know Your Home and Community - helps Cub Scouts learn how to take care of themselves and be safe. This den meeting plan covers requirements a, b, c, d, and e.
Emergency Phone Number List Emergency preparedness is part of every level of Scouting program. For younger Scouts, that primarily means knowing how to get help.
Helps and Requirements for Wolf Wolf is the Cub Scout program for boys in 2nd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Wolf program on this page.