Cub Scout Archives: Webelos Badge
- Have an adult member of your family read and sign the Parent Guide in the front of the Webelos Scout Book.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months.
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out and explain the three parts of the Webelos Scout uniform. Tell when to wear the uniform and when not to wear it.
- Earn the Fitness and Citizen activity badges and one other activity badge from a different activity badge group.
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den that includes the U.S. flag.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements to be a Boy Scout.
- Demonstrate the Scout salute, Scout sign, and Scout handshake. Explain when you would use them.
- Explain the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
- Explain and agree to follow the Outdoor Code.
After completing the rest of requirement 8, do these (a, b, and c):
- Know: Tell what you have learned about faith.
- Commit: Tell how these faith experiences help you live your duty to God. Name one faith practice that you will continue to do in the future.
- Practice: After doing these requirements, tell what you have learned about your beliefs.
And do one of these (d OR e):
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith*
- Do two of these:
- Attend the mosque, church, synagogue, temple, or other religious organization of your choice, talk with your religious leader about your beliefs. Tell your family and your Webelos den leader what you learned.
- Discuss with your family and Webelos den leader how your religious beliefs fit in with the Scout Oath and Scout Law, and what character-building traits your religious beliefs have in common with the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- With your religious leader, discuss and make a plan to do two things you think will help you draw nearer to God. Do these things for a month.
- For at least a month, pray or meditate reverently each day as taught by your family, and by your church, temple, mosque, synagogue, or religious group.
- Under the direction of your religious leader, do an act of service for someone else. Talk about your service with your family and Webelos den leader. Tell them how it made you feel.
- List at least two ways you believe you have lived according to your religious beliefs.
Helping an Auditory Learner with Webelos Requirements A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Webelos Requirements A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
Youth Religious Emblem Knot A reader asks if a Boy Scout may wear the religious emblem knot if he earned a religious emblem as a Cub Scout. Yes, he may.
Flag Retirement and Grommets A reader asks about what to do with the grommets after a flag retirement ceremony. What are your opinions?
Cub Scout Badges and Awards Kristy asked about Cub Scout badges and awards. The Cub Scout advancement program can be confusing. Here is an explanation, but it will be changing in about a year.
Reverse Tracking Tool for Webelos Advancement A reader is looking for a tool to determine if an activity in the community corresponds/matches-up with a requirement toward an Activity Badge for Webelos.
Simple Indoor Closing Flag Ceremony Basic instructions for a very simple closing flag ceremony. This simple closing flag ceremony is appropriate for a den, pack, or other meeting.
Religious Emblems Programs Faith is an important part of Scouting programs and religious emblems programs for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturers reinforce what is stressed in the 12th point of the Scout Law
BSA Webelos Den Meeting Plan 6: Citizen and Webelos Badge This plan continues work on the Citizen activity badge and covers Webelos badge requirement 3 (meaning of the Webelos badge), Webelos badge requirement 4 (Webelos uniform), and Webelos badge requirement 7 (Boy Scout knowledge) .
Boy Scout Bingo A lot of the requirements for Arrow of Light have to do with learning about Boy Scouts. So to make this more fun, I made up a set of picture bingo cards.
Simple Indoor Opening Flag Ceremony Many of our kids have not been exposed to flag etiquette before their first flag ceremony, so take the time to give them some basic instruction. This is a very simple flag ceremony for Cub Scouts to use at Den and Pack meetings.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting 3: Naturalist, Forester, and Webelos BSA provides den meeting plans for den leader on the Scouting.org website. Today, I am going to go through the third Webelos plan.This plan completes Naturalist and Forester. It also covers some Webelos badge requirements.
A Scout's Prayer by Lord Baden-Powell This prayer is attributed to Lord Baden-Powell himself. B-P clearly believed that faith was an important component of his Scouting program. So while Scouting is not specific to any particular faith, there is a spiritual aspect to it. This prayer, based on the Scout Law, would be appropriate for most groups of Scouts.
The Three R's of Personal Safety and Protection BSA requires discussion of personal safety throughout it's programs
Webelos Den Meeting Plan - Webelos Badge Instead of giving you a typical den meeting plan, I am going to list the badge requirements below and explain what we are doing for each one.
The Flag Remembers Christmas You need to highlight the flag during this ceremony. Put a spotlight on it or have two scouts hold it up, or something like that.
Webelos Badge Scramble Puzzle I am going to go over some of the requirements for the Webelos badge with my den at our next meeting. We'll use this word scramble puzzle as a gathering activity. It is based on the requirements for the Webelos badge.
Trustworthy Tommy Song Webelos need to learn about the Scout Law for their Webelos badge and their Arrow of Light Award. This classic Scout song is a fun way to help them learn it.
Webelos Activity Badges Matching Quiz When Cub Scouts enter their Webelos year, a few things change. One of the things which is different is that they work on activity badges instead of achievements.
A Simple Flag Retirement Ceremony When retiring a United Stated flag, some people will say that you must do it this way or that way, but according to the Flag Code, it just needs to be done with dignity.
Webelos Parent Orientation A brief explanation of the Webelos program. Den leaders can use this to give a mini-orientation to new Webelos parents.
Raising and Lowering the US Flag With Memorial Day approaching, it might be time to review how to raise and lower the United States flag. These are some basic rules for raising and lowering the US flag.
Planning for Webelos (18 Month Plan) Planning ahead will help you help your scouts achieve their ranks. This is a sample plan to help Webelos earn their Webelos badge and Arrow of Light.
Boy Scout Basics Crossword for Webelos and Scouts A crossword puzzle for Webelos working on their Arrow of Light award or for new Boy Scouts who are working toward their Scout rank. This puzzle has clues from the Boy Scout oath, law, motto, and slogan.
Helps and Requirements for Webelos Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.
More Cub Scout Ideas
More Boy Scout Ideas
On This Day
December 17, 2013
December 17, 2012
December 17, 2011
December 17, 2010